Pro tools on PC and MAC

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I have a PC and MAC setup in my studio. I record on my MAC because it is more powerful and seems like there is alot less stress on it's system, plus I have my external firewire connected to it and my pc don't have firewire.
My PC setup is because I have a bit more window based programs that I love to have at my disposal during mixing. I have pro tools installed on both computers, but do I lose anything by going back and forth between systems? Will I run into problems with processing on the PC with certain plug-ins that are not on the MAC when I transfer it back?
I have always recorded on PC but I bought an IMAC a couple of months ago, so this is new to me!

I thought of this after I posted!

I will track everything and mix as best as I could on the MAC and I will do final mixes and add any plug ins on the PC and make my final master from there! I don't why I was even thinking about going back and forth........

Pardon me......(,,,,,,as I sneak out embarassed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,):o:o:o:o

if your original question was do you lose any quality going back and forth...no. It's all digital so there is no degradation just because you switch platforms.

if your original question was do you lose any quality going back and forth...no. It's all digital so there is no degradation just because you switch platforms.

Thanks Benny................

After I posted, I just installed a few of the progrmas on my MAC. I might just do away with the PC all together, but I figured since I had it first, I was trying to justify keeping it a part of my setup. But in the event my MAC goes out to pasture, I'll maintain my pc as a back, I guess.....................

Back