pro tools mix 24

tsl92802

given the price of an HD setup, do you guys think it'd be worth while to invest in the older hardware up on ebay? it comes out to be 10-20% of the price of a new setup (for example...the old farm cards are going for $200 a piece now). i don't really care about the pro tools software in any shape, way, or form, and realize that i will have a version that is old as dirt and unsupported. i use and prefer logic pro, and would pretty much just be using the mix 24 setup to take advantage of the tdm plugs that i can't get otherwise. if it matters, i'm currently running a power mac dual g4 1.42ghz each, 2 gigs of ram, 1 80gig 7200rpm hd, and 1 110gig 7200rpm hd (stirctly for audio). i'm running os x 10.4.7. thanks!

eh, it's up to you. I personally say don't waste the money on the unit unless you plan on getting not only a core card but several other process cards. The DSP cards back in the day don't have nearly the same amount of power as they do now. So while you may find that simple EQ and compressor plugins work fine on the cards, a single reverb may take up several chips.

Save up the money and get something like this instead:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PowerCoreFW/

Back