Pro tools midi question

jman1986

hey i have some drums recorded in pro tools that are midi. i am not sure if i should post this in the midi or pro tools thread, so heres the question.

Is there a way to like select all the bass drum notes or even the snare notes in pro tools to make the velocity the same, is there a setting i can make or something? also is there a way to just like make the snare drum or bass drum notes play by them selves (while the other notes are muted). cuz i just wanna hear the snare "track" alone to make and changes to it.

-Jesse

hey i have some drums recorded in pro tools that are midi. i am not sure if i should post this in the midi or pro tools thread, so heres the question.

Is there a way to like select all the bass drum notes or even the snare notes in pro tools to make the velocity the same, is there a setting i can make or something? also is there a way to just like make the snare drum or bass drum notes play by them selves (while the other notes are muted). cuz i just wanna hear the snare "track" alone to make and changes to it.

-Jesse

There is a virtual keyboard which represents midi notes to the left of the midi tracks in PT. You can choose "rows" of midi notes to select. In other words the kick will be on all the same row of midi notes. Select the row (on the virtual keyboard to the left of the midi track) which you intend to mute. Shift Click and that row will be muted. Mute what you don't want all the way down to a single snare track.

There are of course other ways to accomplish this but this will point you towards the methodology.

Back