Pro tools mbox 2 installation

dkimcohn

ok so I got me the mbox 2
I'm installing pro tools 7 and everything the cd has inside...
Now when I run pro tools
It tells me to authorize couple of things that I dun know where to find.
For example
the first one they ask is "Broadband noise Reduction LE" it gives me the choice to authorize or quit...when I click authorize it says (this version of broadband noise reduction LE requires authorization to run, but no ilok can be found. PLease install the ilok for this software.)

AFter that there's like couple of other things that asks me for an ilok thing...now the big question is what's an ilok, is it like a usb key you have to purchase? if not how can I get rid of all these things they ask me to authorize..everytime I turn to work with pro tools.

Thanks for your help

Do

They are demo plugins. Authorizing them just lets Pro Tools know that you own them. Since you don't own the full versions:

in windows

first trying uinstalling them via the Add/Remove programs
then go to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

delete the ones that are popping up.

on Mac:
Applications/Digidesign/ProTools/Plug-Ins Alias

iLok

dkimcohn said:
AFter that there's like couple of other things that asks me for an ilok thing...now the big question is what's an ilok, is it like a usb key you have to purchase? if not how can I get rid of all these things they ask me to authorize..everytime I turn to work with pro tools.
Thanks for your help
Do
Weird beacuse I purchased the same package as you. A "bundled" MBox2 with ProTools LE included. It comes with an iLok, a device similar to an USB that lets you use certain plugins. I'm wondering why you don't have one if you have the MBOx2.... unless... well... if you cracked it, I don't know where you can find (or buy) one. Every time I plug the iLok it seems it's gonna break in two... pretty fragile. I'd like to know where to find a "replace" in case I smash the one I had.

Back