Pro Tools 9 win & Ilok

Claudio

Hi everybody,
a friend of mine gave me a dvd with Pro Tools 9 for Win 7,just for try before i buy,considering the high price.
After the installation the program say that it can´t find any I-Lok license !
I try to download the I.Lok from their homepage and i intalled it but nothing happen.
Any help ??
Any tips ??

I dont know if the program it´s legit but i know it came without any kind of loader.

Thank to you all for any help you can give me.

an ilok is a physical usb device.

It is designed to hold licenses that permit a user to operate software.

Avid use ilok authorisation for PT9.

If you don't have an ilok you can't open the software.
In previous years, digidesign hardware was the security dongle but they've changed that now.

What you installed was probably the latest pace drivers which would allow an ilok to be regonised.

Also, around here, saying 'try before you buy' is kinda like saying 'cash in hand' on an inland revenue website.

Welcome :)

So,i must spend around 600 € to deal with Pro Tools 9 for Win......
That´s to bad.Ok,i know that PT9 "it´s good" but i wanted to
be me the judge to see if it feets my needs.
I got an AudioBox Usb ext.card from Presonus and i use their software wich is Studio One Artist
and i was just wodering using with PT9.Anyway,i will still use it for a while.
Thanks a lot for your advise.
Best regards,Claudio.

I'm not sure if it's 'cool' to advertise like this, but i'm selling an ilok with a PT9 license here on the forums for about 300 euro.

it's new and will be registered to the buyer.

Something to think about.

So,i must spend around 600 € to deal with Pro Tools 9 for Win......
That´s to bad.Ok,i know that PT9 "it´s good" but i wanted to
be me the judge to see if it feets my needs.
Unfortunately there's no demo for Pro Tools. They had a demo in the late 90s but discontinued it. Pro Tools is entrenched in the pro studio world and in the vid/film post production world. If you need to interface your home studio work on joint projects in those realms, PT is important to be able to use. Otherwise, there's other recording software that'll do as well and is much simpler.

I have a Presonus AudioBox 2 audio card wich come with Studio One Pro sequencer soft.
I´m thinking in using this software for more time.....
I understand that Protools it´s not exactly for any pocket....
Thanks to you all.
Claudio

Back