Pro Tools 9 & 003+ woes

RBS

Have Pro Tools 9, upgraded from LE and a 003+ rack. Have had to reload Pro Tools a couple of times to get it to see the 003+. Now when I open a session and try to play it it won't play and a check box comes up and says there is a problem with the clock source ... check the clock source & sample rate are correct. I'm stumped, am a new user and don't know what to do to sort this problem, can anyone shed some light here?? Merry Xmas to everyone.

Make sure prior to installing PT 9 that you have downloaded the separate 002/003 driver update package available form avid. To check clock source, go to the top menu, to setup, then hardware, and it should show you the clock source.

Thanks

Have done that and no matter what I set it to it still won't play and keeps telling me to check sample rate and clock source. If I uninstall again and download the 002/003 driver update package, will Pro Tools find it ok whilst installing 9? Is there any particular place the download should be kept or is the downloads file ok?

Have done that and no matter what I set it to it still won't play and keeps telling me to check sample rate and clock source. If I uninstall again and download the 002/003 driver update package, will Pro Tools find it ok whilst installing 9? Is there any particular place the download should be kept or is the downloads file ok?

Pro tools won't 'find' it. You have to download the package and install it.

After you do that, the digi 003 should show up as an audio device in your OS, and PT should be able to see it.

Going stark rav'n crazy!!

Have done everything including uninstalling everything and reinstalling. When Pro Tools 1st boots up it doesn't see 003 and automatically goes to Aggregate, when I go to Playback Engine and change it to the 003 it causes Pro Tools to "Unexpectedly Shut Down", upon re launch, it says it can't see the 003 and to reconnect, I do this and it manages to see the 003, the session opens but won't play and the all too familiar box comes up again .... "Problem Detected With Audio Clock. Check your clock source and sample rate are correct." Back where we started .... clock source on internal, sample rate on default 44.1 (same happens if on any other sample rate). This is driving us crazy and the agents are all on holiday, must've spent about 60hrs so far trying to sort this.

When Pro Tools 1st boots up it doesn't see 003 and automatically goes to Aggregate.

Thats fine. Let it go to the aggregate,
Just quit protools and make sure the aggregate device contains your 003 first.

You on a mac?

Is the 003 recognised by your operating system? Can you play music from it? media player/itunes/whatever?

Is the firewire port known to work?
Try a different one, especially if you're using a front port.
Are you using any firewire adapters? 4pin to 6 pin? anything like that?

Could you do a factory reset of the 003 incase there's something funky going on?
I think there's a utilities button or something like that and you follow the onscreen instructions (on the digi).

Can you try a different firewire cable?

Just to clear up any confusion, you've definitely installed the latest 003 drivers for the correct operating system and PT version?
Check that, It's easy to get wrong.
I think they do standalone drivers and some other kind. Sorry I can't remember but it's worth a look and a read.

And the big one. Have you trashed all Pro Tools preferences?
I know you've uninstalled and reinstalled, but i'm not certain that everything's trashed that way.

Again, idk what OS you're on, but there's a very handly preference trashing tool for osx. Here it is.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help good people, sussed it .... was too silly to admit to ... have to though .... Had external firewire drive hooked up before 003 .... program kept looking for 003 on hard drive, reversed order to:- Mac to 003 to Hard Drive. Duhhh!!! All running well.

Back