Pro Tools 101

Elisa

Has anyone taken the Pro Tools 101 course. For 3 days of instruction the educational facilities charge about $800. Is there any other way to effeciently learn Pro Toools without taking the course.

protools, the manual or the course?

What DID you write... all three are pretty impressive though...

Guhlenn

My suggestion would be to download Pro Tools Free, the reference manual, and check out " A Musician's Guide to Pro Tools."

If you have a little bit of cash go ahead and buy the Digi 001 (it's a great system.)

BTW, "A Musician's Guide to Pro Tools" can be found at -

www.supercatpress.com

It's a whole lot cheaper and will teach you the basics (and beyond!!!)

charger said:
I agree with Tex.
But then again, I (at least partially) wrote it.

I hate PDF Manuals..... But nice job anyways :D

I have never set eyes on the manual, nor have I taken a course.... If you can't figure out Pro Tools... then, you need to play with it a bit longer.... I had never touched Daw's before I got my PT's.... I went straight from Adat.......And, I was recording and using automation, editing the first night...
Very simple and very self explanatory.... And most my knowledge translates into the "big" Pro Tools...

Don't waste your money on the course.

The manuals. But I didn't actually write anything in PDF format, sorry about that. The paper manuals are a lot nicer, but I think you have to pay for them with the low-end systems.
$800 for a Pro Tools course, I'm thinking about making a career change...

Yeah, 800 dollars is retarded. I can't imagine they'd teach you much you couldn't learn by buying a 001 and spending a few months with it.

$800 is the price of the 001! Jeesh. If anyone wants to pay that, please drop me a line, and for a mere $50, I'll slap you and yell "wake up!"

charger said:
$800 is the price of the 001! Jeesh. If anyone wants to pay that, please drop me a line, and for a mere $50, I'll slap you and yell "wake up!"

A small price to pay for Charger's Pro Tools School of Hard Bitch Slaps

Track Rat said:

That's actually not a bad tune. Very "Beatle-esque".

Yeah, and it's very interesting to solo things like the bass and hear how it sounds very fretted by itself, but it blends fine in the mix.

Back