Pro Talkbox I Built

Sonice Surgeon

32zny2q.jpg

VERY cool! plans???

For sure bro.

It's a compression horn driver set in a box. The model I used is the MCM-40, which goes for around $25 bucks online.

You'll need an amp, as well. And tubing, obviously.

Your keyboard (or guitar, if that's your instrument preference) goes into the amp. The amp outputs mono to the compression horn driver, and ever time you hit a note with your instrument, you manipulate it with your mouth.

Very simple, really.

For sure bro.

It's a compression horn driver set in a box. The model I used is the MCM-40, which goes for around $25 bucks online.

You'll need an amp, as well. And tubing, obviously.

Your keyboard (or guitar, if that's your instrument preference) goes into the amp. The amp outputs mono to the compression horn driver, and ever time you hit a note with your instrument, you manipulate it with your mouth.

Very simple, really.

It kinda looks like something I smoked weed with once....

looks a lot better than my ghetto talkbox:

ghettotalkbox1.jpg
- I followed the instructions on youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EIQxwotn3k ).

My biggest problem is isolation of the speaker sound in the box - the direct sound from the speaker wants to overpower the sound coming from my mouth -- yours looks like the isolation is much better. What kind of box is that?

looks a lot better than my ghetto talkbox:

ghettotalkbox1.jpg
- I followed the instructions on youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EIQxwotn3k ).

My biggest problem is isolation of the speaker sound in the box - the direct sound from the speaker wants to overpower the sound coming from my mouth -- yours looks like the isolation is much better. What kind of box is that?

"you're gonna need some duct tape...ALOT of duct tape"

:D:D:D:D

Im gonna try this one.....

hell yeah. a guy that i used to work for had an old talkbox that he built into a coffee can using the original plans as they were from guitar world long long ago. it was lots of fun, and since it was a guitar shop we got some good use out of it as a gag when the cooler customers would come in

Very Cool.

I have had a Heil for years... Talkboxes are the ultimate for the player's ego... because everything you are playing is piped directly into your head... ;)

Sound Samples?

Back