Pro Junior w/Reverb Pedal or Blues Jr.

Pro Jr. or Blues Jr.

• Total voters

shuasetter

Epiphone Pes Lawl
Which one and why.

Yes this is subjective.

No I cannot try them.

Just an opinion, which do you think would be the way to go.

damn you people its free to vote!

Clam down littledude.:D

People probably aren't voting because they either don't have an opinion or don't know.

I voted the same as you not because I think it's a better amp but because thats the one you voted for so thats gotta be the right one.:D

Besides VP voted the other way.

the issue is I have a holy grail reverb pedal and im looking to see if its going to become useless if i get a blues jr. ... or could i get away with a pro jr?

the issue is I have a holy grail reverb pedal and im looking to see if its going to become useless if i get a blues jr. ... or could i get away with a pro jr?

That's a bit more specific--and therefore easier to answer.

No, a Blues Jr. won't make your Holy Grail pedal useless. Most of my amps are heavier, and I use delay more than reverb with those setups. But I bought a Blues Jr. purely to have a little clean, bright, Fender sound to mess around with. And the first thing I did was buy a Holy Grail just for the Blues Jr. The reverb on the Blues Jr. is not up to par with the classic Fender reverbs by a long shot--and the Holy Grail is definitely superior.

Even if we didnt know what they sounded like..we could still compare features and such.

Comparing features is useless without being able to compare sound first. If two amps both sound great--then I'm interested in features. If only one sounds good, it doesn't matter how many features the other has.

That's a bit more specific--and therefore easier to answer.

No, a Blues Jr. won't make your Holy Grail pedal useless. Most of my amps are heavier, and I use delay more than reverb with those setups. But I bought a Blues Jr. purely to have a little clean, bright, Fender sound to mess around with. And the first thing I did was buy a Holy Grail just for the Blues Jr. The reverb on the Blues Jr. is not up to par with the classic Fender reverbs by a long shot--and the Holy Grail is definitely superior.

Thanks! _______________________

the Blues Jr. has a cheesy sounding 'verb so you will still want that pedal.

Have you ever considered looking into upgrading the reverb tank on the Blues Jr vs buy a Holy Grail?

I haven't, but I am assuming your could get your hands on the one they use in the Deluxe Reverb RI. I think the biggest issue will be if it will fit inside the cab.

I have had both the Pro Junion and the Blues Jr and they are both good. I honestly thought the Pro Jr was better when cranked, but that is just my opinion. However, the Blues Jr's biggest negative IMO was the reverb, but you have more tonal shaping opportunities with it due to the EQ and Preamp controls.

Have you ever considered looking into upgrading the reverb tank on the Blues Jr vs buy a Holy Grail?

I haven't, but I am assuming your could get your hands on the one they use in the Deluxe Reverb RI. I think the biggest issue will be if it will fit inside the cab.
I did try to put a longer tank in it once and it wouldn't fit.

Oh well.

I think I do need a good 'verb pedal for some of my amps that don't have 'verb like the Tiny Terror and my Marshall 6101.
Is the Grail the best one?
I haven't tried any just 'verb pedals.
I'd be looking for something that sounds like a traditional amp-reverb ..... a good blackface type.
Does the Grail do that?

I have an old Fostex rack mount spring 'verb that's the best sounding spring unit I ever used but I don't want to haul it around so a pedal is what I would want.

As far as the Blues Junior's reverb ....... after so many years of gigging and so many years of noting that the audience doesn't have a clue, I'm not too obsessive about such things.
If I have a gig where I want to make sure I have the best sound I can I just take my Blue Angel or now, my new Mark V.
For that matter, my Ampeg Reverbrocket has a nice sound and my V'2 is a great amp.

I just use the Blues Junior when it's a beach gig where all my sound has to mainly come from the PA and so the guitar amp is less consequential.

I did try to put a longer tank in it once and it wouldn't fit.

Oh well.

I think I do need a good 'verb pedal for some of my amps that don't have 'verb like the Tiny Terror and my Marshall 6101.
Is the Grail the best one?
I haven't tried any just 'verb pedals.
I'd be looking for something that sounds like a traditional amp-reverb ..... a good blackface type.
Does the Grail do that?

Look at a Marshall Reflector - great reverb pedal.

Back