pro audio 9 realtime effects problem!!

nascentjunkie

ok well i am using pro audio 9 which i am quite familiar with and i'm not sure what is going on now... I use effects from sound forge in my mixing and when i insert effects from sonic foundary programs they make tons of beeping noises... I don't know what to do right now. Can someone please help me!!

It's not just yours alone :)
I got several old Sounic Foundry DirectX plugins, and they always work that way when you insert it in realtime. Quite anoying indeed. I have tried them on better machine, but it still give me crackilng noises... I have done any available update, but it doesn't solve the problem. I never used them that much anyway since I got many more option (Cake FX, Waves, etc). The only time they work is when you apply them to the clip (destruct editing)...

;)
Jaymz

Are you sure you don't have the "demo" versions of these effects running? That is what Sonic Foundry does to make their demo's unuseable - i.e., they put periodic beeps in them.

When you launch the effect, look around at some of the header data and see if it says "demo" on them. That would be my guess as to what's going on.

I think this also happens if you had at one time loaded the demo and later bought the full version. For some reason, the demo versions still show up in other programs (although the legit ones show up in the SF program). Don't know what the fix is, but if this is what is happening you might want to contact Sonic Foundry.

thanks

hey yeah, i will try that out! I think u might be right about the demo version too... i didnt' even think about that. I had it going at first, but i had to unistall the program for a bit because it was doing other dumb stuff and i prob. didn't enter the serial number again. Thanks alot.

I've never gotten SoundForges effect to work properly in realtime in Sonar (or PA9 for that matter). I don't know why, to me it looks like they're not designed to run in realtime... :confused:

Back