Pro Audio 9 MB Space

Faust

It says I'm operating at 39% at the bottom of the screen. I know this is bad because I don't remember it ever being this low. What's the minimum I should run Pro Audio 9 at? Any suggestions on how to free up some space?

Faust said:
What's the minimum I should run Pro Audio 9 at?
I think 0% is the lowest you can go... ;)

You shouldn't run into any problems (performance-wise), unless you reach 5-6%... But a little extra won't hurt.

One extra thing - If you have many wave files that aren't linked to a .wrk file (and be sure you don't need them - sometimes you might want to keep em), you can delete them through Cakewalk using "Clean Audio Disk" (under Tools?)

I did that today and I found myself 9GB better off :D

CanopuS said:
One extra thing - If you have many wave files that aren't linked to a .wrk file (and be sure you don't need them - sometimes you might want to keep em), you can delete them through Cakewalk using "Clean Audio Disk" (under Tools?)
If you use CWAF, these files are marked "Orphaned"... ;)

The percentage is not really what's relevant, at least not directly. The actual amount of free space is what matters. 39% just says that about sixty percent of your drive is free space. If you have a 30 GB drive, this is about 20GB, which is lots of room. I would only worry if there were getting to be something on the order of 1 GB of free space as far as worrying if there's so little room you might impact the operation of your applications...

Back