pro audio 9 help...(moving effects from one song to another)

nascentjunkie

alright, so here is the deal, i have 8 songs worth of drum tracks. They sound great and i have one of them mixed down completly, so i want to use the same effects/volumes and such on the other songs, is there any way to do this without having to do it manually? Because i hate work, i really do... thanks to the genius who can figure this one out!

I suspect you are not going to want to use the same drum effects on 8 different songs. You have to listen to the drums within the context of each song, and then use whatever eq/FX are needed for that song. Rarely will it be the same. If it were that simple, there would be no need for mixing engineers.

However, to your specific question, I believe you can "ctrl-click and drag" on the plugin in order to copy it. This works in Sonar, and I assume it will also work in PA9. Obviosuly, you will have to have both projects open at the same time in order to drag between them.

Wow, if you can drag and drop that's cool.

I've only done this this way:

In the project you're wanting to copy from, you open the pane on the track and effect you want to copy, and "Save as". Then, on your target track, you add an effect just as you would otherwise, except you open the file you just saved, which has all the desired settings.

well obviously i am not going to use the same exact effects on each one... i mean that is a given, isn't it? ha. I just didn't want to have to put all of my effects on 8 song manually. Then i was going to mix it from there... Trust me... if you heard these drum tracks you would be amazed.... haha. thanks for the help, see ya...

Back