prime time lite

dobro

How many lights do you have in your studio?

I count 5 big, 40 small in mine. My studio isn't what you'd call bright. Pretty much the opposite, actually. Five big lights when I want illumination, two big lights when I'm just cruising. But there are a *lot* of little lights. Gear is loaded with lights.

Lots. Hundreds.
Especially if we're including lights on gear.

But, if we're talking main fixtures - 5.
Ceiling fan, wall light over desk, two pro photo/video lighting kits with various temperature light bulbs, and a light in the gear closet!
I'm actually a bit of a dork about lights. Lighting is the first thing I set up to my liking before any kind of musicing happens. I'm really into the sunset-esque lighting most of the time, but occasionally I'll turn on the super bright stuff!

Here's a picture of my wall/desk light that I really like for some reason:
10891658_10203629139430839_1422083531663043804_n.jpg

Here's the other fixtures:
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 3.53.08 AM.png

And here's natural lighting:
10863846_10203398789912245_5251801580786111263_o.jpg

I have a bulb in a fitting that hangs from the ceiling and a reading lamp for when I'm reading something at the desk (I study here as well). I can pull up the blind if I want, the window is south-facing and quite big, but I don't like showing off the big amp on the window-sill to the outside world.

I have 4 angled spotlights on the ceiling, (which I rarely switch on) a lamp and a window. Window is good for the daytime, lamp is just right for the night.

I was planning on putting some LED strip lighting in my desk but never got round to it.

Hardly any. Two gooseneck-adjustable ones above the desk, dimmable floor lamp, plus lava lamp and LED-rope behind the desk shelves.

Mine is pretty bright. I have 4 light tracks, each with 3 light "cans" on them. They're little halogen light bulbs and man they put off some heat. Between 12 of those things burning away, plus the heat from 1 or 2 warm bodies, and the heat from a few amps and a computer, my studio heats up in a hurry.

One 4' LED strip from Costco it's quiet, cool and consumes low power... Not exceptionally bright but I like recording with nothing but the light from the 2 monitors going most of the time anyway..

Back