Price opinion.....

HomesickAlien

I'm in the market for a new mixer and stumbled upon a Soundcraft Spirit Pac Rac 14 (made in England '97) for $300 in tip top shape.... Eh?

Don't know that one...and prices are very subjective on used gear. It all depends on the condition and fucntionality.
Try doing some searches on the Internet, you might find prices others paid.
Try the prepal.com site...they kinda' monitor used gear prices.

Don't know that one...and prices are very subjective on used gear. It all depends on the condition and fucntionality.
Try doing some searches on the Internet, you might find prices others paid.
Try the prepal.com site...they kinda' monitor used gear prices.

Thanks for the link. Definitely something I can use. :D

Not sure how current the prepal.com is...but I use to check it years back.

These days, I get used gear prices mainly on eBay. I check eBay almost daily for gear that I'm interested in...and in doing so, I also see a lot of other gear prices.
Not all prices on eBay are realistic, but after awhile you know when something is overpriced...and you also know when something is a steal. :)

There are a LOT of ignorant people selling/buying on eBay...so you have to stay on top of shit if you don't want to get burned.
I've had only 2-3 purchases that went kinda sour, in over 10+ years...but I got my money back or favorable restitution!!! :D

Can't comment on prices in the USA but the Rac Pac mixer is a decent choice for a home studio...proper direct outs and some nice routing options. I'd think condition would be everything though...a 14 year old mixer is getting long in the tooth.

Back