Price drop's make it hard to choose!!!!

scott2go

I need to choose an entry level card,
E-mu 0404,emu includes dsp effects & software $100.00 and buy a preamp
Or
Delta products like 2496 $100.00, 1010LT $220.00,or Omni studio pci for $250.00 +cheap software program w/ effects

To me it's a toss up,any suggestions would be great Thanks Scott

Last edited:
this is a very tough call imho.
you can choose proven like delta that so many use oe emu which is new
but some say the convertors are great.
to confuse you some more tracertek.com have lots of different sound cards including some that are dirt cheap that do 24 bit.
there are sound cards by hoontech and staudio cport for example.
if it were me i might be tempted to just save up for an rme and be done with it.

scott2go said:
I need to choose an entry level card,
E-mu 0404,emu includes dsp effects & software $100.00 and buy a preamp
Or
Delta products like 2496 $100.00, 1010LT $220.00,or Omni studio pci for $250.00 +cheap software program w/ effects

To me it's a toss up,any suggestions would be great Thanks Scott

The most important factor is how many concurrent tracks you need to be able to record (analog).
2 - emu 404, 2496
4 - omni studio, delta 44, delta 66
8 - delta1010lt

pondering

4 tracks would probably be the best so I could record the drums as well,So that makes it a little easier,The omni studio looks good to me because of the 2 pre's,but can you really get zero latency w/ it??I've asked around about the included software but most people get other programs.

I like what I read about the E-mu cards just for the package of card &software. I had originally decided I would buy the E-mu 1820m for $500 but couldn't swing that plus monitors.On top of that all the driver issues I read about makes me nervous.
So i decided to look for a cheaper alternative.Hell,Just putting together the pc was a leap of faith for me .You guys have been great as always for helping out thanks, Scott

Hey, anyone know where on earth in Canada you can order cards like these? Every damn site I seem to go to only sells SB cards.

Back