Preview my new long distance music project....

Ric, that sounded good even using LoFi (I'm still at 56k ugh).

Who's doing what on that? I know you're singing... did you play any of the instruments on this one?

Hey, by the way, I listened to the song with you and TANKAR on Cream Network Radio. That song (to me) an awsome collaboration between you two.

I downloaded it....quite a sound...great mix as usual...I too wanna know who played and what the musician/doctors contributed...did all parties have a hand in writing etc.....good stuff....gibs

Nice tune Ric... Sounds a bit like Rush to my ears, which is good. Mix the prog-rock synths and guitars with the high pitched voice, and I think you can see why I would think that.

Cool stuff. Long distance music is fun. Just curious, like everyone else, how everything was done, what's recorded live, the process etc. Nice work!!!

Thanks guys!! Teddie, TANKAR is a great
artist and person. I've know him for just over a year. Really excellent Native American stuff....it was great doing that with him.

OK...the how and what on this one.

Dr. Rüdiger Deuster - keyboards, drums, programming...
Dr. Torsten Gager - stringed instruments
Ric - Vocals, stringed instruments

On this particular cut, I'm just doing vocals...On other tracks we have completed, I have some guitar work (small lead parts)
Basically, I finish the top. They do the bottom arrangements and progressions. I then connect the dots with my melody lines and lyrics and vocals. To keep it all HiFi, we use the mail to exchange CD's. We tweek (oops there's that word again!) things as we progress. That's how thigs were done on the TANKAR collab too.

They are using cubase on their end. I am using Cakewalk.

It was by chance that we happened onto each other....but I think it's a real good combination up to this point. We have seven songs completed...looking to complete a dozen or so to complete the project...

Work work work!!! :D but I love it!

You're a busy bee.

I listened to Warriors Weapons again today. There's a really nice mood within that song.

Hey Rick,

Once again you da man! Nuf said.

What kind of "doctors" are these?

The one "doctor" sounds a lot like Keith Emerson. Are you pulling a fast one?

GT..

Hahaha...Shhhh...don't tell anyone...I got Keith outa retirement for a gig or two! ;)

Their both DDS types...and..well..it ain't just me...lots coming from Deutschland ya know.

Teddie...TANKAR has lots of tunes with that really cool aura...he comes from a real unique angle...check out more on his page, it's well worth it.

-ric

Back