Pretty B*tches Rule

Vocals are absoultely unintelligible and don't sit in the mix at all--they are either buried (most of the time) or popping out (occasionally). High hats are way too loud and distracting--the song isn't about the high hats so drop them in volume. Main pulse of the song (kick and snare) don't groove at all and are overpowered by things that should ostensibly be further back in the mix.

Overall lack of depth across the board. Mix sounds paper thin and uninteresting.

Decent attempt but it needs a better mix. Compress those vocals and work on getting them intelligible.

try again
turn down the double you got entirly to many effects going on in there...
i don't understand anything shes saying....
i could go on but cloneboy has handled most of the other stuff.

bigwillz24 said:
try again
turn down the double you got entirly to many effects going on in there...
i don't understand anything shes saying....
i could go on but cloneboy has handled most of the other stuff.

thanks for checkin it out.
You don't understand any of the verses at all?

He means compression, as in, using a compressor. If you don't know what that is, read some stuff on how to mix first ;)

The synth things/samples/fill-up things are nearly inaudible, and therefor useless. They just make it harder to concentrate.

There's not tention build-up at all. You overdid most of the FX aswell. Sorry mate, try again, but first, read about mixing ;)

PrettyChica said:
what u mean by this?

The vocals lack consistent level. A compressor can take care of this to keep them consistently above the music without popping out of the mix. I can't understand a word that the singer says, it's just a bunch of thin, screechy mumbling to me.

This track probably has potential, but until you HIGHLIGHT the vocal and bring it to the forefront of the mix (without overkilling it) this song will not sound good.

Metal and punk bands can get away with slightly buried vocals, but pop music can't.

Back