PreSonus Studio One - Basic Stuff

Whaleblue

I first came to this forum to ask a question regarding this product, and, of course, got some useful responses.

I've now got Studio One 2 Producer installed, and it seems to be the right tool for me at the moment (I ended up getting it free with a PreSonus 22VSL). Anyway, I have a whole bunch of really simple questions that probably fall under the RTFM banner - but that's a whole lot less fun that talkiing about it here, and responses are likely to go beyond the simple answers to encompass the "you shouldn't be trying to do it that way anway".

I'm wondering, is there an appetite for a PreSonus Studio One specific forum as a sibling to the establised ones (Cakewalk, Reaper etc etc)?

If not where would be best to post on this?

Probably not since Studio One is considered inferior to PT, Cubase, Cakewalk, etc.

You could probably start something in the BBS and Audiofazine Feedback section! Not a bad idea, at all!

Luck,
Bane

Thanks for the reply. Is this a widely held belief? I thought SO was gaining a following?

I have also thought this, I don't have it but I did read that the latest version (2) is a ripper and it come with Celemony’s Melodyne which has been getting great reviews. I would think that it will become a major player.

There is a free version available that has some of the features (like Celemony’s Melodyne) missing.

Alan.

Probably not since Studio One is considered inferior to PT, Cubase, Cakewalk, etc.

You could probably start something in the BBS and Audiofazine Feedback section! Not a bad idea, at all!

Luck,
Bane

Bullshit. Don't be a moron.

Studio One is right up there with them. For a start, it was developed by some of the same guys that started up the development of Cubase. It's one of the easiest to use, right up there with the likes of Reaper. and it has tools comparable to Logic and Pro Tools. All at a pretty low price too.
Just the "free" versions they send off with their hardware can do a lot. Move up to Producer, you've got almost everything you could need. Move up to Professional, you've got a fully capable mastering suite added right on.

As to answer the question of the OP, I wish there was a forum for the Studio One stuff as well. I've seen a lot of people come here and ask about it. But for now, it's probably just best to ask the questions in the general forums already laid out. If you have a particular question about mixing, there's the mixing forum. If it's about the interface, there's a computers forum. If it's about your instruments, there's the guitars and basses, keyboards and midi, microphones... All those forums. It really depends what your particular questions are. If all else fails, there's always the newbie forum. Post any question in there, and you will probably have someone help out.

I have pro tools, live, logic, and S1.... I only really use Live and S1.. I think its an excellent DAW, especially for mixing. If i dont use UAD fx (which arent actually supported in S1) then the ones included are excellent quality..i love the EQ and compressor especially

I dont think theres a big enough following to get a separate forum but if i can help with any problem PM me, i know my way around it

The only thing where it falls a little flat is its instruments, but thats prolly because of the music i make more than anything

Welcome aboard

I have pro tools, live, logic, and S1.... I only really use Live and S1.. I think its an excellent DAW, especially for mixing. If i dont use UAD fx (which arent actually supported in S1) then the ones included are excellent quality..i love the EQ and compressor especially

I dont think theres a big enough following to get a separate forum but if i can help with any problem PM me, i know my way around it

The only thing where it falls a little flat is its instruments, but thats prolly because of the music i make more than anything

Welcome aboard

Baa! hey kc!:D

Thanks all. I guess it doesn't matter hugely to me how SO is considered, other than that I'm more likely to get answers to questions and see the product develop in the future if there is a general user base building.

If the powers that be see fit to add a SO forum, that would be great, otherwise I'll post here (newbie forum) or more specifically elsewhere.

If there were lessons available I'd take them - to some extent I'm not sure I even know the right questions to ask! In the meanwhile I'll RTFM to avoid looking too stupid, but really appreciate the offers; I *will* be asking in due course :)

Studio One is relatively new in the DAW scene, but it has the potential to become very powerful!

Theres a PreSonus forum if you google it up. You get pretty fast and helpful respones :)

Baa! hey kc!:D
Hey bro :)
Thanks all. I guess it doesn't matter hugely to me how SO is considered, other than that I'm more likely to get answers to questions and see the product develop in the future if there is a general user base building.

If the powers that be see fit to add a SO forum, that would be great, otherwise I'll post here (newbie forum) or more specifically elsewhere.

If there were lessons available I'd take them - to some extent I'm not sure I even know the right questions to ask! In the meanwhile I'll RTFM to avoid looking too stupid, but really appreciate the offers; I *will* be asking in due course :)

HR can be a great resource for learning the components of recording and mixing but sometimes its best to also join a DAW specific site

There are a ton of beginner videos that come with S1...they'll help get you started! Youtube them if you cant find them on the website...though i think you can access them on the right hand newsfeed side of the start up page in S1

Back