Presonus Studio One 2 Demo question

Whaleblue

Hi all,

Absolute noob question for anyone familiar with the Presonus Studio One 2 DAW.

I have the demo installed on a Windows 7 64 bit on a Sony Vaio i5 laptop.

The problem I *think* I have is that I'm missing virtual instruments in the browser section. Basically on demo videos there seem to be heaps under the Presence section, but I don't see them.

I have an AudioBox 22 VSL on order so hope to get familiar with the software before it arrives and without the hardware virtual instruments are what I need!

If anyone could tell me what's up, or perhaps that nothing is up and I need to download/buy/install something else to get the Presence VI's it would help a lot.

Cheers

Hi all,

Absolute noob question for anyone familiar with the Presonus Studio One 2 DAW.

I have the demo installed on a Windows 7 64 bit on a Sony Vaio i5 laptop.

The problem I *think* I have is that I'm missing virtual instruments in the browser section. Basically on demo videos there seem to be heaps under the Presence section, but I don't see them.

I have an AudioBox 22 VSL on order so hope to get familiar with the software before it arrives and without the hardware virtual instruments are what I need!

If anyone could tell me what's up, or perhaps that nothing is up and I need to download/buy/install something else to get the Presence VI's it would help a lot.

Cheers

when I installed the full version all the instruments etc came of separate discs

have you checked to see that you get all the instruments in the demo?

btw if you decide to buy it purchase an old Studio 1 version one Artist from ebay..I picked up one for $20....use that to upgrade to producer which was only $90 (it doesnt differentiate between version 1 and version 2 Artist for upgrades)....bit cheaper than $200 if youre on a budget

Its a very very good daw, mostly for the mixing page, superb customizing, the FX are very good too for generics, but the instruments are very basic, I dont even use them

when I installed the full version all the instruments etc came of separate discs

Could be signiificant!

have you checked to see that you get all the instruments in the demo?

No, I just kinda assumed a demo would demo everything. I mean, the demo is even for the full pro version...

btw if you decide to buy it purchase an old Studio 1 version one Artist from ebay..I picked up one for $20....use that to upgrade to producer which was only $90 (it doesnt differentiate between version 1 and version 2 Artist for upgrades)....bit cheaper than $200 if youre on a budget

The 22VSL comes with the artist edition, so I can upgrade from there, but thanks for the tip.

Its a very very good daw, mostly for the mixing page, superb customizing, the FX are very good too for generics, but the instruments are very basic, I dont even use them

Yup, I'm demoing Cubase and Sonar too, but Studio One just seems easier to get going on for a complete beginner like me.

Ive owned Sonar and have demoed Cubase and I think Studio One is quite a bit better than both for workflow...but if you are really going to rely on the instruments that comes with a DAW it might not be the one..but again, workflow, brilliant

Ive owned Sonar and have demoed Cubase and I think Studio One is quite a bit better than both for workflow...but if you are really going to rely on the instruments that comes with a DAW it might not be the one..but again, workflow, brilliant

I'm not quite sure exactly how I'll be using it to be honest, I love music and have been learning guitar for a few weeks (well started years ago, but only recently picked it up again and now taking it a bit more seriously). I decided aiming to record guitar over whatever I come up with might be a good in giving me something to anchor my learning on.

Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew!

The Studio One environment does just seem to work for me though compared to the others.

I'm not quite sure exactly how I'll be using it to be honest, I love music and have been learning guitar for a few weeks (well started years ago, but only recently picked it up again and now taking it a bit more seriously). I decided aiming to record guitar over whatever I come up with might be a good in giving me something to anchor my learning on.

Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew!

The Studio One environment does just seem to work for me though compared to the others.

yeah sonar definitely has better instruments, and a wider collection but if youre already happy with the workflow go with it, it was designed by ex-steinberg (cubase) employees, so they kinda taken the best from a few programs...getting bogged down in a DAW that doesnt work for you will stop you wanting to record. The instruments are fine if you just want to record some guitar and accompaniments, and the FX are really good

welcome aboard...if you get stuck on S1 gimme a yell if I can help, its not the widest used DAW in here but I know my way around most of the basic :)

Back