presonus problem

Milkman

Hey All,

I just got a Presonus Firepod which I use with Sonar 4. The problem I have is that when I connect my keyboard, it has to be plugged into the first and second (Mic/Instrument) ports. When I plug it into any of the Mic/Line ports, I have to crank the keyboard, crank the knobs on the Presonus, and I still get a fairly quiet signal in Sonar (very small waveform).

This isn't that big of a problem, but I regularily record guitar with keyboard, but the guitar also must be plugged into the Mic/Instrument port to record well. I never had a problem with this using my Mackie mixer - the keyboard always went in at line level just fine. But all of a sudden it now has to use the preamp to get a loud enough signal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Milkman

Thanks for the reply. There's no "pad" button. The reason I find this weird is that when I was using the keyboard through my Mackie mixer still into Sonar, there was plenty of signal, even though it was run through a regular line level 1/4" jack. I don't see any reason why the keyboard needs to be run through a preamp to have a decent signal.

Milkman

Yerah I've noticed the same thing. The pres don't have a lot of gain on them. They sound good though and you can wind them right up without them getting harsh

Aren't the 1/4" jacks on channels 3-8 just line level? I get perfectly fine levels running my keyboard through 1/2, but with channels 3-8 it's pretty quiet. I can't even get it to clip (maybe that's a good thing :)).

Back