Presonus firestudio

malgovert

Hi all

Does anyone use a presonus firestudio interface with Sonar 8.5 without any incompatibility issues? I heard a rumour, that's all...

M.

What was the rumor?

Interfaces talk to the OS via the asio layer.
The sequencer talks to asio to get/pass data; they don't talk directly to the interfaces.

Presonus might have driver problems, but like I said above the program itself doesn't talk directly to the interface (that's why they invented asio, to stop incompatibilities of programs talking to the interfaces. This is why ProTools always demanded certain hardware from a specific list.)
If that's the case, you should be finding Presonus users having problems no matter what the sequencer.

The link suggests using WDM. That should work too.

My basic philosophy is: Don't buy ANY music computer that doesn't have TexasInstruments firewire chips on it.

.....been using a Motu828mkII daisy-chained to Glyph firewire drive for 4 years on a Gateway laptop with built-in TI firewire with ZERO problems....

my FS 2626 works fine with 8.03, but i haven't upped to 8.5 yet.

with 6 and 7 the FS drivers were sketchy and frustrating, but are pretty solid with 8.03. i just have to set me latency high at 2048 to minimize dropouts. aside from that i can get 24 simultaneous record.

rich

Firestudio Project with 64 bit Windows 7 on a laptop with a Firewire express card and Sonar 8.5 64 bit. That's pretty much as viable for trouble as it gets - and I only got this set up last week and it has zero issues. I was nervous too from what I'd heard.

Back