PreSonus FireStudio Project or Focusrite Pro 40

yamsaretasty

Hi guys, I'm new to recording but I'm buying some expensive gear anyway.

I have an AMT M40 Piano microphone and a Rode NTK, and I am trying to decide between a PreSonus Firestudio Project and a Focusrite Pro 40. The Pro 40 is $80 more than the Firestudio.

Any tips? Bear in mind that I am looking for something that isn't too difficult to use. I also don't have firewire on my pc.

Thanks!

I have a tip - don't buy a firewire interface.

Why would you buy a firewire interface if you do not have FW on your Pc??? USB 2.0 works just as well

I have a tip - don't buy a firewire interface.

Why would you buy a firewire interface if you do not have FW on your Pc??? USB 2.0 works just as well

It's easy enough to get an adapter. And I am likely to upgrade my pc soon if it isn't grunty enough so I will get firewire then.

I would only choose the Pro 40 over the Firestudio for this reason if there were no other significant contributing factors :)

They look pretty similar to me, but I have never used either - specs look about the same

I used to have a Firestudio Project and had no problems w/ it. It has 2 firewire ports on it so you can daisy chain other Firestudio devices to it at your whimsy :)

I did a lot of research a year ago and ended up with the focusrite saffire pro 40. From what I read, a lot of people liked the preamps more. But, honestly, at this price range, I think they are all pretty similar. Any differences you probably won't notice.

USB would be fine too, but I don't understand all this hate for Firewire. I loaded the drivers, plugged in the interface, and haven't done any tech sort of stuff since. I'm not sure if others have had firewire issues, but for me on a macbook pro, no problems at all.

Back