Presonus Firepod and Digi 002

farewellending

I have a digi 002 unit that I'm selling to downsize to the 002 rack. I need to expand my inputs. I have always seemed to be able to do this creatively by lining in extra dual channel preamps that I bought. I recently found my presonus firepod that still works but is missing the power supply. I know that the firepod is not able to communicate directly with the Digi 002. But I was wondering, can I turn the firepod on and use the preamps and line the preamps out individually through the back. http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmMBCOM/images/presonus/presonus_firepod_back.jpg If you look at the back it has outputs. So I would plug the extra microphone into the firepod preamp 1 and output it to the 5th input using the balanced cable into the digi 002. I know this sounds crazy but please let me know if this would work because I shell out the 40 bucks for a new power supply. Thanks

-Tom

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to run mics into the firepod's pre's, route them to the line outs on the back, and run those into the line ins on the digi inputs 5-8? Sure that'll work, that's what those inputs 5-8 are there for, outboard pres or anything else that outputs a line level signal. With a working firepod and a digi 002 rack, you'd have 8 mics of input.

thank you so much! I just wanted to make sure that the firepod needed need to be hooked up to a computer to enable the preamps to work. I figured it wouldn't be that advanced.

-tom

thank you so much! I just wanted to make sure that the firepod needed need to be hooked up to a computer to enable the preamps to work. I figured it wouldn't be that advanced.

-tom

Yeah no prob, the preamps will work as long as the unit has power, and the outputs on the back default to be line level direct outs for each channel, just like a standalone mixer/pre. No computer needed for that.

Hey, I don't mean to highjack your thread, but I posted a topic in the bbs feedback section that I would like you all to check out.. something I think would drasticly improve this site, and I'd like to have your thoughts for the board administrators to see.. if you have a minute.. pls visit the link below and add your opinion.. Sorry again for the interuption, but I needed to draw some attention to the post for your votes.. if you like the idea please pass this link around the board.. Thanks very much for your time!!

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=3183021#post3183021

Back