PreSonus Firebox

sajs

I just installed the Firebox on my laptop today. What an easy install. Everything works perfectly. Great preamps and 0 latency. I think this is a great bang for the buck. It came with Cubase LE, is this worth installing? I know it's a watered-down version of the main program. I don't know what the limitations are.

it wouldn't hurt to install LE. it's cool if you want to learn the workflow of cubase or nuendo. the limitations are a bit severe, but i was able to do some pretty decent mixes in them. it teaches you how to use restraint with effects haha, since it only allows 2 inserts per channel.

basically it's limited to: 48 tracks of audio, 2 fx inserts per channel, 2 VSTi, 4 send fx, 4 group tracks, no plugin delay compensation (this part sucks), and other stuff i can't think of off the top of my head. everything basically functions the same way as it would in regular versions of Cubase, so in that sense it's a good learning tool.

You know I almost went with the firebox too...actually I still can. However I think the pres, and sound is a better on the Focusrite. I actually talked to a few different engineers and associates from online sites. So I think I'm going to give that a try!

If issues start coming up its the firebox all the way.

Hey did you try the Saffire Sajs by chance?

guitardude said:
You know I almost went with the firebox too...actually I still can. However I think the pres, and sound is a better on the Focusrite. I actually talked to a few different engineers and associates from online sites. So I think I'm going to give that a try!

If issues start coming up its the firebox all the way.

Hey did you try the Saffire Sajs by chance?

I did not try the Saffire, it looks interesting and in the same price range. What I did try and sent back was the E-MU 1616m. It just would not work with my laptop. I did not like E-MU's mixer. I thought it was very very confusing. However, I've been told the preamps are pretty good.

Back