Presonus Eureka For Vocals and Guitar

mosier

Hey guys! I'm really interested in getting a new mic pre and compressor. I'm pretty good friends with a guy over at my local GC who I really trust and so far hasn't steered me wrong. I asked him his opinion on the Eureka, and he said for the price it was a great buy. Constructed well, nice sounding pre, nice eq. Again I stress he said "for the price". I've done a search on it here, but most of the threads go off on a Great River tangent. Not a bad thing, I just can't afford one of those. Anyone out there using one of these right now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jeff

Yeah, I have one...I haven't used a ton of pre's in my day, but I really like the eureka. The compressor is very cool, you can really slam stuff but it stills sounds musical.

My tracks have a more pro feel to them now since I switched over to the eureka...I would highly advise picking one up. It's only single channel and yeah, maybe the eq isn't of avalon quality or whatever but...

FWIW

jbegood

therage! said:
I haven't heard it but the Feb issue of EQ magazine reviews it. They really like it too.

Respectfully:
not saying the eureka is bad or good I have no clue yet, but do we ever hear a negative review in these mags?..."seemingly" somebody is always in someones pocket!

"Respectfully:
not saying the eureka is bad or good I have no clue yet, but do we ever hear a negative review in these mags?..."seemingly" somebody is always in someones pocket!"

Not that this is always true but why waste money and space writing about things that suck? What im trying to say is that they probably do have bad reviews but whats the point in printing them?

Harmony central aint a bad place to find bad reviews...I tend to go for strengths and weeknesses in new gear to make determinations.

Back