presonus drivers...?

presto5

I have the Presonus Audiobox and just downloaded the latest driver because I was having problems with ASIO4ALL. Same problem here..If I leave it plugged when I shut down my computer A project in Reaper wont play. I have to shut down my computer unplug the Audiobox turn on my computer plug it back in open Reaper and then it works...sometimes. Sometimes I have to follow these steps 3 or 4 times to get it to play and not have loud crackling issues...And then my buffer settings are changed back to normal...? Anyone? thanks...

I'm not sure what you have wrong in your setup, but I think you need to uninstall every driver you have, then start over with the Presonus one. Shit can get messed up when having multiple instals of various crap. Take a deep breath, and start over dood. :D

Did you select the Audiobox as your default device in Windows?

When you loaded the latest driver was there also a firmware update for the Audio Box, sometimes if you update the driver without updating the firmware problems can occur.

alan.

I have heard this word firmware before..dont know what it is ..guess ill google it thanks...tried that move 2wice already Jimmy9er..good lookin out though..thanks guys...

I have heard this word firmware before..dont know what it is ..guess ill google it thanks.

When I got hold of my Firebox, I downloaded the latest drivers, in the release notes or the instructions (I can't remember which) you had to install the driver the correct way as the new driver was also going to update the firmware in the firebox. The firmware updates made the Firebox have more sample rate options.

The firmware is the software that is installed on an eprom in the actual unit (not the computer). It is like a small software application that tells the Audiobox what to do. For example, sample rates, inputs, controls, etc. It could be that there are no firmware updates on the Audiobox but I was warned when updating drivers on the Firebox that the Firebox would not work correctly if the Firmware was not updated as well.

If you can't find anything I would drop an email to Presonus tech support.

Cheers

Alan.

Where are the release notes and instructions ...I have a PDF manual for the Audiobox but I don`t see anything about firmware.. thanks man!

No because the Audiobox USB doesn`t have release notes..I have the driver...unless there is something I missed...thats cool how you made the word this a link..Thanks JImmy

Just trying to help anyway I can. Your PC should have plenty of power to run things right. Wish I were familiar with your interface.

No because the Audiobox USB doesn`t have release notes..I have the driver...unless there is something I missed...thats cool how you made the word this a link..Thanks JImmy

When you installed the driver did any messages come up on the screen, now I think about it I think the firmware message come up while I was updating the driver.

Your problem however could have nothing to do with firmware, I just remember advice from Presonus that if I updated the Firebox driver without the firmware update there could be problems.

If I was you I would uninstall all drivers connected to the audio box and start again as if it was a new one just purchased.

alan.

Back