presonus digimax fs reviews

abalagula

I am looking to purchase a nice preamp that i can connect to my board via lightpipe. the presonus digimax struck me as a terrific choice. has anyone here had any experience with it and if so did you like it?

I just bought one for my 002 rig. I'll be using it this weekend on a live jazz concert. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Hi guys,

Just recorded a two hour jazz concet this weekend and the digimax fs worked flawlessly, I used a lot of high end mics like km184's, a u87, 414, and some AT4040's. It sounds great, it is my first presonus product and I highly recommend it.

I have been reading up on this preamp.. what really interests me is the dual smux adat inputs. I am looking for away to have my triton and motif rack sharing a adat connection... half and half. The way the smux is divided ... it looks like on this preamp.. is like i can have the triton on 1-4, then the motif on 5-8. Then have the output to my digi002. Has anyone set there's up to use the dual smux? I am curious if this would work... I would love to have my sounds all in the digital realm without having to upgrade to a complete HD setup.

Demi

The FS is good for the price, I don't like the pres though. They are bland, but if you have more pres, or don't care about "color"(fortunately I have enough) it's not a problem.

I bought an Apogee to replace it recently, and it is awesome.

With that said, I still use the FS with a mobile rig for live stuff.

Back