Presonus AudioBox USB96

Voidmaster01

When I turned my computer on my audio box started making this ear piercing noise, I unplugged everything except my headphones (Which are plugged into the jack in the back) and it still made the noise, even after turning every knob every which way its got nothing wrong with my computer only the box itself but now I cannot use my microphone and its making a high pitch noise in the headset making it hard to do anything with trouble shooting.

Also I'm on windows 11 with a Shure SM7B microphone and a guitar jack (Not plugged into my guitar at the moment) if any of that helps

Have you tried pulling the USB plug from the back and doing a full hardware reset. Also, it appears that there is a May 10,2022 driver for Win11 and 10. Have you updated the driver?

I have, on occasion, had my Tascam 16x08 go bonkers. I happens when I've got Reaper up, and pop up certain types of audio in a web browser. I can clear it out by just turning it off and let the driver and interface reset. I think it in my case, it's the driver trying to accommodate two different data rates at the same time. It probably just gets confused.

It sounds like a feedback loop. Unplug everything from the audio box (imcluding USB), make sure that the gains are set to zero and the blance is set to halfway. Reboot the computer, then plug in Audiobox. See what happens.

It sounds like a feedback loop. Unplug everything from the audio box (imcluding USB), make sure that the gains are set to zero and the blance is set to halfway. Reboot the computer, then plug in Audiobox. See what happens.
This. Turn the MIX control off and see if it stops.

Have you tried pulling the USB plug from the back and doing a full hardware reset. Also, it appears that there is a May 10,2022 driver for Win11 and 10. Have you updated the driver?

I have, on occasion, had my Tascam 16x08 go bonkers. I happens when I've got Reaper up, and pop up certain types of audio in a web browser. I can clear it out by just turning it off and let the driver and interface reset. I think it in my case, it's the driver trying to accommodate two different data rates at the same time. It probably just gets confused.
Yeah I have my software and firmware updated and I hard reset it as well but it still wont work
So I did that and it fixed something but not the main problem I'm still having trouble getting it to allow my microphone to work

The Audiobox is a robust but uncomplicated bit of kit. It should not be too hard to figure out what is giong on. However, we would benefit from more information about your set up. Typically, you would connect mikes, speakers and headphones to the Audiobox. Is that how you have it organised?

If you have rgw Audiobox USB96, the mixer knob is the middle one of the three along the bottom.

Sounds like you could have simple feedback. Keep the mic away from speakers. Even headphones if the mic is too hot.

Back