Preferred DirectX packages for Vegas

OldCopper

I'm straying from the newbie section for the first time. I just ordered my GL 496 and Vegas Pro and I am psyched.

Question on FX: since these DirectX packages are standardized to work with various vendors' software are there solutions that are better than those offered by Sonic Foundry?

Thanks!

Here is a list of what I use succesfully with VEGAS PRO:
1. Blueline
2.cakewalk fx1-2-3
3.CANAM
4.DSP FX
5.Hyperprism
6.[sonicfoundry]
7.TC native- millenium
8.Timeworks
9.Ultrafunk
10.Waves
I have a couple of free Analog X[arpeggiator, vocal remover] that predictibly crash, Opcodes Vinyl plugin crashes when I hit the 78 button, and the timeworks compressor also causes a crash .
Peace out.

i'm not familiar with vegas pro...but if it's a direct x only platform, vst plug ins will work with a wrapper.....

I'd probably go with the Waves packages... I have all sorts of plug packs (most that are listed in Shreadzilla's list) - I nearly always use Waves.

Thanks for the input folks. I checked out Waves. Looks good, but the site I found had pricing for the two Native Power Pack at $299 per bundle. Oooh, sticker shock. Is that the best price I'll find for these Waves products?

Are there really free :) plugins, Eddie? (Is this a stupid question...)

Danke, danke

Thanks, Tony, that's a killer site that I had not been to before. Great reviews. That's going to help me out a lot. Still, the price of Waves products is going to force me to wait until my wife forgets I just dropped $1000 for other gear. I can see what you mean about the bang for the buck. It is cheap when you consider quality. I'm still hoping to find the best outlet for buying Waves products.

Hey, j, how do I find the Cubase web ring?

I really appreciate all the kind help.

you can find some cool free plug ins via the cubase web ring, in case you didn't know.

Hi OldCopper
you wrote
>Question on FX: since these DirectX packages are standardized to work with various vendors' software are there solutions that are better than those offered by Sonic Foundry?

Definatly!!! :D

see ya

Tony

to find the cubase web ring , just do a quick search for it , and that will get you some of the sites, which will have links to the others .

Back