Precussion/Drums - Thats all I want man !

phoneguy44

Hey guys,

I dont visit here often but the questions I've posted did get my answer I wanted, so I'm back again.

I record using the Korg D1200, excellent machine but drum machine is very basic and terrible if you want to get specific with your drums. My question is this: Is there a software out there that deals specifically with precussion, as a drum machine would, say the Alesis Sr-16. I know there are programs such as Wavelab and Sonar, I really cant go that high $$.

I've researched as much as I know how and found a program called "DRUMSITE" which can be found here: www.guitar.sk/drums/drums_main.htm

I dont know anything about the program but I am impressed with the demo's they have on the site as well as the price ($52).

What am I looking for ? Computer interface so that I can cut and paste, adjust and create. I want quality sound, as real as possible and I know you get what you pay for. Something under $175 bucks and all it has to be is a drum machine, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone got any suggestions and if so, is this what you use ?

Thanks, lookin forward to hearing what you have to offer !!!

Try Fruity Loops.. It's pretty good as a drum sequencer. The preset patches are nothing special, but you can load any samples of anything into it for sequencing.

good luck.

If you're looking for quality realistic drum samples I do have a sample cd for sale; M-Audio Pro Sessions vol. 43 discrete rock drums. The samples and loops are spectacular. I don't use it anymore though b/c I just got a house where I can record real drums in. I paid $50 for it, I'd let it go for $20.

Back