Precussion/Drums - Thats all I want man !

phoneguy44

Guys, I'm not a computer recorder, got nothing against it, I just purchased a Korg D1200 to do what I need to do, it was cheaper.

Now, I need something to do my precussion with on my recordings. The standard drum machine just aint cuttin it on this Korg (which it wasnt made for that). So my question:

I want to use a computer interface program to "CREATE" my drum patterns. This way, I can record them to CD in a .wav file and upload to my Korg.
Is there anything you can suggest thats quality ? This is all I'll be using it for so I dont want to break the bank if you know what I mean, but I dont want any shareware either that sounds like shareware !

Help a brotha if ya can.

Dennis
Oxford, AL
"Music makes the world go round"

phoneguy44 said:
I want to use a computer interface program to "CREATE" my drum patterns. This way, I can record them to CD in a .wav file and upload to my Korg.
Is there anything you can suggest thats quality ? This is all I'll be using it for so I dont want to break the bank if you know what I mean, but I dont want any shareware either that sounds like shareware !

Have you also thought about using drum loops/samples and some type of basic loop editing software. There are a lot of loop cds out there with some decent live drums, including Drums on Demandor Beta Monkey.

OK, First I'm anal so, percussion, not precussion. :)

Loops are OK if you're into prefabbed stuff, and hey most loop CD's include the loops as .wav files you could simply drag 'em around in your hard-disc recorder, or any audio sequencer or looping software. Can't help ya' in that department...looping isn't really my thing.

I'd recommend getting some nice multi-layered drum samples, a sampler, and MIDI sequencer which can export to Audio. Most of the budget (and/or free) sequencers (i.e. Magix Music Studio, Steinberg Cubasis, Cakewalk Plasma, etc.). Will give you that functionality, and most often a basic sampler too. As far as samples go their are plenty out there, and it is a matter of taste which will work best for you.

Here's a freebie that rocks: http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_kit7free.html

And check out the Sonic Implants-Blue Jay Kits (Demo's available):
http://www.sonicimplants.com/ProductDetail.asp?Item=BlueJaySmallAmb1

Blue Jay Studios is world renowned for it's drum room.

Good Stuff.

Back