Preamp

Jon Valdivia

Hello

I'm interested in buying a preamp for recording vocals and acoustic guitars. I use a mic which is like the sm58, but cheaper. What preamp do you recommend me?

Thanks

p.s.: i'm not rich, and i can consider buying a used one, just want to know a few good ones.
Excuse my english writting

A frontier problem...

Hi

I've read about the art tube mp, and sounds great. I'm looking for some place in internet to buy it, but i have some questions.

I know that the power supply in the US is different from EUROPE, where i live. Maybe changing that could produce electric noise, and i'm afraid about buying any art tube mp used in the US.

Please tell me what you think, and tell me about other preamps i could consider to buy.

Thanks again

But i think that's wrong

ha ha ha, that's right, to the point, informative...

But I really think that the problem has no solution. In the US the electric frequency is 60Hz (i belive) and 110V, while here in Europe it's 50Hz and 220v. The voltage is not the problem, but the frequency is.

Now i'm trying to find any europen art tube mp distribution, with it's components made to work with our electric system.

Any corrections or suggestions?

Thanks

Jon

a lot of electronics (but far from all!) today are made to work with 50hz as well as 60hz. like in japan, where half the country has 50hz (east: tokyo etc) and the other half has 60hz(west: osaka etc). yeah, i know, it's nuts - but true. if your only option is to order from the US, maybe some kind soul using the ART could a have look at the label and just check the hz for you. often, company web sites lack this info, unless they provide a full spec sheet.

on the other hand, it'd be strange if you couldn't find an ART Tube, or another decent preamp in europe, already set up for the apropriate hz and voltage.

micmac

Well, another preamp

Hey

I'm writting to ART in order to ask that troubles... I'll notify you.

Any suggesions of other good (and reasonably cheap) preamp i can find?

Jon

Spain, and...

Hey, i live in Spain and it would be great you can help with some links.

Another thing, i'm not an expert, and my English is not so good, but... tube has to be replaced sometimes? It'd be difficult to find american components here.

(Seems to be difficult to buy a thing, doesn't it?)

Jon

Hey!
Here are a couple of links:

Thomann, Germany
http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/tho0001e.html

Musicians-gear, Germany
http://www.musicians-gear.com/

and don´t worry about finding tubes. They´re as easy to find in Europe and they´re often cheaper here too!

ART sell stuff made fore 220V/50Hz. I know Thomann has some ART stuff but I´m not sure if they have the MP.
If they don´t then write them and ask if they can get one for you anyway. Theie prices are very good!

giggsy

Señor Valdivia,
I live in Spain also and I've got a Behringer mic pre. Now I know that everyone says that Behringer stuff es una puta mierda pinchao en un palo but it's cheap. I actually won mine in a band contest so I ain't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth but I know they go for 32.000 pts and it's a two channel unit which can also be used as a D/I box, equalizer etc and uses a small tube for supposedly that "warm" sound. Check out ventamatic cause they got practically everything but charge twice what it costs in the US
el jordo

OK. Good information

Thanks to all of you for the information!!!

Thanks for advising that the puta mierda pinchada en un palo, ya sé cuál no comprar. Espero que, por lo menos, te haya hehco un buen uso para ser regalado.

And for the english readers, the above message was about an another preamp. I'll try to find an art tube mp made for 220 and 50Hz. Thank you very much all of you. Maybe when i get more experienced i'll help you, i hope to.

Jon

Back