Preamp Schematics

I'm tired of sorting through bullshit. So I wanted to know if anyone knew of where I could go find a good one. I guess I should have been a little more specific. I was looking for something based off of a higher end pre. I don't really know that much about building the things, so I have been doing a lot of research. And in the process I wanted to know if you guys might know where to point me?

Last edited:
Reggaesoldier,

Don't get too upset with the folks here. I mean, you just have to learn to interpret the language of this place. For instance, "Yep, it's called Google.", can be translated "I have absolutely no idea."

Unfortunately...I have absolutely no idea, either. I would be interested in what you find out, though...

justharold said:
Reggaesoldier,

Don't get too upset with the folks here. I mean, you just have to learn to interpret the language of this place. For instance, "Yep, it's called Google.", can be translated "I have absolutely no idea."

Unfortunately...I have absolutely no idea, either. I would be interested in what you find out, though...
What are you talking about? I wasn't upset at all, I was simply clarifying myself. I understood what he meant.

Try here.
http://www.prodigy-pro.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=895884a861ef2c92652810addeb2492e

The "meta-meta" thread contains links to the many projects discussed on this forum, many of which are preamps.
The "Green Pre" and API 312 Clone in particular are both very easy to build so long as you can understand and apply schematics, though the API obviously rather expensive in components. They both sound fantastic. The API can be built nearly identical to the original.

justharold said:
Reggaesoldier,

He was upset?

Go to the Texas Instruments website (http://www.ti.com ) and do a search on INA217. The datasheet has a schematic for a mic pre. Register for My TI and request a couple samples. They'll send you the chips for free including shipping.

ina217

Hi There,

The safesound P1 gets recommended a bit around here and uses the INA217 in the input - theres a schematic in the data sheet available from www.ti.com. It's probably one of the cheapest and simplest routes to go.

Paddy

Reggaesoldier said:
...Anyone of you know how much all the components for the green and or api312 pre might run?
The green would be the cheapest since it doesn't use transformers. You just have to list all the parts and look them up at Digi Key for the total cost. The power supply and box you put it in will probably cost more than the preamp parts.

They're selling a pc board for the green and API type pres at the Black Market .

Actually, if you buy some of your own parts, there is an option at seventhcircles to get a basic kit which is the board and schematic, just the basic things. This gets the price even lower however, if you are a real animal and you have the knowledge you can do things from scratch and lower your costs even more.

The seventhcircles stuff has recieved a lot of raves as being very close to original Neve and API layouts. And no, I don't work for them but have researched their stuff and peoples opinions and will be building one each of their models in the coming months.

Very interesting...I love how virtually everthing audio and music related has a DIY alternative to buying it built for you. :)

So, exactly how difficult would this INA217 be to put together for someone who has never done anything like this before? I could use some extra pres, no matter how good, for the hell of it.

EDIT: Well, I requested the INA217AIDWT and INA217AIP. It says one of them ships October 23rd, and the other a little after. I hope I can do this, but if not, atleast it's free lol.

Last edited:
Back