Pre/post fader routing question

Tamate

Hello, I have got the pre/post fader thing. Basically pre fader = signal pass before the fader and viceversa.

Now I can't understand one thiing, Cubase, If I want the reverb post:
I create 1 audio track and 1 fx track.
I put a reverb on the fx track insert, and I have the option to set it post fader, in the right side column.
Now I go to the audio track, in the send menu, I activate the fx bus, and I have another option to set it pre or post fader.

Should I set them both post fader or one only? I can't understand why there are 2 option for pre and post fader in the routing

T.Y.

Last edited:
Hello, I have got the pre/post fader thing. Basically pre fader = signal pass before the fader and viceversa.

Now I can't understand one thiing, Cubase, If I want the reverb post:
I create 1 audio track and 1 fx track.
I put a reverb on the fx track insert, and I have the option to set it post fader, in the right side column.
Now I go to the audio track, in the send menu, I activate the fx bus, and I have another option to set it pre or post fader.

Should I set them both post fader or one only? I can't understand why there are 2 option for pre and post fader in the routing

T.Y.
You may want to post this in the Cubase forum. They can probably help you there.

If you send the signal to the reverb bus PRE fader, changing the volume of the track (automation?) will not affect the amount going to the reverb. Never heard of anyone doing that, most people want the amount of reverb to coincide with the amount of track volume.

Back