pre amps

Jimmy2002

hey just some advice

i need to buy a preamp preferably for 8 mics because iv got a delta 10/10 but the mic signals are really low with this sound card i will just be using it for creating a band demo cd im looking to spend between 100 - 250 maby 300 pounds. i dont want fork out alot if a cheap one will do for what i want any ideas theres so much out there.

many thanks jimmy

Check out the M-Audio Octane. 8 pres, digital and analog outs, phase reversal on every other channel and a M-S matrix.

Others here seem to be happy with the Presonus Firepod.

these look good but dose any 1 know of a pre amp with both 1/4 jack inputs and outputs reason being these are the leads i allready own and i would save me forking out for money fore a new multicore

i have a 8 female to jack muticore ( mics to pre amp)
and a 8 jack to jack (pre amp to M Audio 10/10)

many thanks jimmy

Microphone inputs needs to be XLR (especially if they are condensers), so forget about finding pre-amps with 1/4 inputs (unless they are for line level signals, but then they really aren't preamps!)

My recommendation is to buy a small mixer that has either direct outs or inserts for each channel. You can use the insert as a direct out by plugging a 1/4 cable half-way in. One of the Yamaha MG series should work well, or for a bit more $$, a Mackie.

Back