Pre-amps for M-Audio Delta 1010

scottn5388

Hello All....

It's about that time for a soundcard upgrade, and I think I have decided on the M-Audio Delta 1010. I'm currently using an Audiophile 2496 card from M-Audio alongside an SBLive. The SBLive is noisy as hell, and I need a way to record at least 4 inputs at once.

If I were to buy the 1010 I would still need 8 preamps for it. (I'm using the pre's from a Behringer MX1604A mixer currently, but I would really like to get some new ones)

So...onto my question....which preamps?

I'm considering the M-Audio Octane or 4 M-Audio Audiobuddys, but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've seen the Octane going for $595 where as the Audiobuddy is only $80. If I were to buy 4 Audiobuddys, that would be $320. Is the Octane really worth it?

Thanks,
Scott

Call me crazy, but I love the pres in the mackie vlz pro mixers. I dont even have one, but everytime someone posts a mix done with those mixers, I love it.

Is there much of an audible difference between the Behringer Pres and the Mackies? Or between the Audio Buddy and the Behringers? I guess I'm just looking for the best way to get 8 decent sounding preamps without spending an arm and a leg.

Has anyone here used the M-Audio Octane? How would it compatre to my current Behringer Pres?

Thanks Again,
Scott

Wow, I'd love to get that mixer from Deepwater, but he'd have to be willing to hold on to it for a while. I'm waiting until we finish selling our album, and using some of the profits from that to purchase this new gear.

Back