Pre-Amp Help Please!

YungPoke

looking for a good pre-amp and mic...inexpensive but damn good!....I do hip hop music and just want vocals to be clear and full....its just for demos so it doesnt have to professional quality but i also dont want that "yeah you did this at home" sound...somewhere in between you know.....i have an AKG C1000S right now....is it possible to work with that if i got a good pre-amp? When I bought the mic i was told it was good for vocals.

Last edited:
I got to get this in here for YungPoke...

His other thread says $500 for both the mic AND pre.

...just so you guys don't waste your time typing the wrong stuff :)

The AKG C1000 is a shitty mic - especially for vocals. Anyone at GC who would have recommended it as a vocal mic is a peon.

You can get some great sound from a Studio Projects C1 mic $199 and a Studio Projects VTB-1 mic pre $129. No need to spend more. Though, using a pop filter can really help. Check out http://www.popfilter.com

Adding a good compressor can really help you get that tight sound. The FMR Audio RNC is only $179.

Dan Richards
Digital Pro Sound
The Listening Sessions

thanks everybody for thier help especially outlawz....im really feeling Dots setup with the pop filter and all that....i researched the products he listed and it looks good so far...still taking suggestions.

american musical doesnt carry studio projects???? I didnt see them on there....i like shopping there because of payment plan.

Back