Practice pad too bouncy?

reshp1

Hi, I'm using a HQ real feel 8" pad and the it has way more bounce than my snare. Is this typical of the pads or am I not tuning the batter head correctly? I've tried tuning it tighter, but the drum sounds too dry and choked then. :confused:

Go get a pair of the Zildjian Anti-Vibe sticks. They have a rubber piece in the center that absorbs vibration. I hate them on a normal set (I play Vic Firth normally), but on the practice pads the Anti-Vibe sticks make the pads feel more like hitting a real drum.

Umm no don't get anti-vibe sticks they are a waste of money, in my opinion. I would go get a simple billy hyde practice pad, theya re 10 bucks canadian and have an amazing feel.

I just practice with really fat and heavy marching sticks with the practice pads. *When* you can get fast and accurate on those, you'll fly on the kit with smaller diameter sticks.

Last edited:
fritzmusic said:
I just practice with really fat and heavy marching sticks with the practice pads. *When* you can get fast and accurate on those, you'll fly on the kit with smaller diameter sticks.

Add also practicing on a pillow and you've got yourself a great practice regimen.

Back