power conditioner?

Lexus507

I am looking at power conditioners. 1)to protect my stuff and 2) im am getting a strange hum/tone when i am running certain things direct into my firepod.
Could this solve my hum problem? and what are some reccomendations for someone with a pretty tight budgetas I know nothing about power conditioners. Thanks.

Just be aware that a lot of units that are called power conditioners are not really conditioning the power. A unit that actually does condition the power is the Furman AR-15 Series II. Their PL line of rack power units are basically power strips with some filtering and surge protection, but they don't actually clean up the power itself.

Just a thought to throw at you about the hum you're getting...

I've got a Tampa with the inline transformer and found that the hum I had was coming from that. I just turned it a few degrees and the hum went away.

I dunno if you have any inlines like that but it's worth a shot. :cool:

If you have a ground loop, and can't address it by plugging everything into the same outlet (or if it persists thereafter), you'll need either a device into which you plug the offending piece of equipment to safely break the loop (prices range from a Ebtech Hum X; approx $59, to a Furman IT-20 II for something like $1500, depending upon your needs and budget), or a device which you insert in-line between the devices in question, like a ART DTI ($45), Rolls HE18 Buzz Off ($40), Ebtech Hum Eliminator or ART Clean Box II. Good luck!

Back