Power back-up/line condition HD24??

getgo

I know I may be acting paranoid but, do any of you HD24 users have a line conditioner or battery back-up for your recorder?

If you have relatively clean power I don't see where it's necessary. I've never had a problem with mine.

getgo said:
I know I may be acting paranoid but, do any of you HD24 users have a line conditioner or battery back-up for your recorder?

I would say "absolutely", regardless of the quality of power that you are provided from your utility company.

UPS systems protect you from brown outs, black outs, fluctuating and noisy power and all thats great if you don't have such.

But the only thing that will protect your recorder from a hair dryer being plugged in and the breaker flipping is your UPS :)

Also know that UPS often come with insurance for your equipment should it ever be zapped by a power spike.

Something to think about :)

You can also consider picking up a Tripp Lite Isobar Ultra Surge Supressor. Unlike the cheap $10-$15 supressors that you can pick-up anywhere, the Isobars actually work. They run about $40 to $60 each (at buy.com) depending on the # of outlets, and protect against all spikes, as well as providing insurance (50K I think) for any damaged equipment. Obviously, they don't provide back-up power, but they are a less expensive, yet worthwhile alternative to a UPS.

sparksongs, while I agree that any surge protection is better than none, MOVs and gas filled diode type devices are mostly effective on slow rise time surges like those generated by utility companies (like load switching ripples and such). A nice lightning strike will run through one like shit through a goose.

Back