Power Amp for Cabs

Nosferous

Right now I'm just doing home studio work with a POD unit direct, and will be using it for live use in a not real soon but not so distant future.

I'm either going to have a Mesa Rectified/Recto 4x12 cab, or Marshall 1960 4x12 cab, it'll be between those two. But I haven't decided yet.

What do I need to look for in a power amp that will have enough juice for this type of set-up now/future, or anyone have some suggestion of power amps.

I don't have a set budget, but I'd like to keep the dollars as low as possible, but will stretch if neccessary.

It's my understanding I need a good power amp that can support a nice wattage per channel/side, with such a high stage of wattage would such a power amp be usable to double for studio monitors? Or would it be best advised to get a seperate power amp for the monitors?

Thanks!

I just want to know that if I have a power amp that can power a 4x12 speaker cabinet, that if I used it for studio monitors as well that it isn't going to kill them. I know it's enough to power the studio monitors, but don't want them powered to death/damage.

just want to make sure about that and:
a good suggestion for a power amp to power one of the two cabs above

thanks

Last edited:
Back