Potentially stupid questions

greenascanbe

Potential stupid question

I’m getting some white noise interference at times when recording through my firepod to my laptop. I’ve turned off the wireless port, background applications and software and sometimes it still comes through. I’ve been told this is a PC problem, is this true? Would a Furman Power Conditioner work?

Also is there a proper way to chain your external hard drive and your sound card? Should it be soundcard then hard drive or the other way around?

For the white noise problem, im not too sure, i am a newbie myself. i know i have a white noise filter plugin but i have yet to have to use it. As far as you having a PC, actually, never mind, im better off not starting anything.. (I heart Macintosh)..

the external hd should be connected directly to the computer's firewire port, and the firepod or whatever your using is to be plugged into the hd, atleast this is how my digi 002 manual said to do it. supposedly, this is more efficient or something like that.

check out a filter plugin, im pretty sure mine came with it, i dont remember paying for it.

fwiw, i used a firepod once and did not like it because of its high noise floor..i think that may be your problem. Bias Sound Soap will take care of the problem after the fact. Ive read about mods to the firepod that address this issue..Ill see if I can dig it up

Back