Potential sticky: Sugested budget mic list

usernamebob

Okay.. I thought this would be a good idea to keep the amount of these type of questions down.. I've just done this off the top of my head so I'm sure you'll all have heaps of sujestions to change it and stuff

Kick: Audio technica Atm-25 (versatile), Shure Beta 52 (excelent for heavy music), AKG D-112 (Modern sound, abit lacking below 100hz)

More expensive: Beyer M88 (awesome for a more vintage sound.. but very versatile), Md 421 (very real sound)

Snare: Beyer M201 (slightly tighter sound than a 57 and much nicer sounding hats bleed), 57, Senheiser 604

Overheads: Mxl 603, Mxl V67 (excelent for 4 mic type stuff), Oktava 012, Rode NT4, Studio projects C4

More expensive: Shure beta 81, Groove tube gt-44

Toms:57, Studio Projects B1, Senheiser 604

More expensive: Senheiser Md 421

Vocals:Mxl V67, Beyer soundstart MKii, Studio projects C1

More expensive: Mxl V69, Rode NTK, Re20, Sm7b

Guitar amp:57, Senheiser 609

More expensive:Senheiser Md 421

Accoustic guitar:Oktava 012, Mxl 603

Last edited:
Good luck getting a sticky, that practically never happens.

For overheads, that should read SM81, not beta. Also the newer KSM141 is much nicer. There are lots of more expensive options too.

Vocals . . . heh. I don't think you can make a short vocal mic list.

Reactions: NL5
yeah I was aware of the other faq, but I think that having something actualy at the top of the forum and with an obvious name of what it is would make a big difference

im quite shocked by a lot of that list....i think the one that sticks out the most is how a B1 is the second choice for toms....

No budget mic list would be complete without the AT4033. Very versatile. Vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar cab, whatever else you don't have a mic for.

Back