Post your latest purchase!

The middle unit (black) is a Line 6 POD HD PRO X....which is the latest. It's a guitar processor that also works as a sound card. The Boss RC-300 on the floor came just before that. Both very cool.IMG_0208.JPG

Looks like a midi drum trigger pad thingy.

I need something like that. I'm getting sad hand writing every drum part on my stuff.

How do you like it? ....and what make and model is it?

Its an electribe 2...the VA engine from the King Korg stuffed into a metal box with a step sequencer/live pad input. 16 parts each with 64 steps. Limited but sounds great.

Ive hada few midi drum pads...if youre looking for a cheap option try a Korg pad kontrol...prolly my favourite out of the ones Ive owned. But not this, its more of a work station

I'm going to buy some Beano for all the G.A.S. this thread is giving me.
Yeah, I was lucky. I stopped at one snare (for now). I had my finger on the trigger for a second one and I was going to buy an amp the same night. I told myself to relax, and I actually did. But I'm not sure how long I can control it.

Yeah, I was lucky. I stopped at one snare (for now). I had my finger on the trigger for a second one and I was going to buy an amp the same night. I told myself to relax, and I actually did. But I'm not sure how long I can control it.

Well, you could use that budget well by getting that Vox for me I've been needing to get some better guitar sound...;) :laughings:
Or I could use some of my own budget to get some real guitar lessons and learn how to use a pick!!!

Stu! Custom SK? Do tell.

I don't know how custom it is. I made four of them exactly the same. Now I'm making four more with a much more elaborate wood layering scheme. After that I'm planning on making a baritone model of this version....though if any famous death metal guy ever calls me on the phone I'm not going to have ever heard of him. :)

I make three different models...all with layering of some sort. One is highly chambered set neck (Elise). One is a small hollow body set neck (June). This one is Molly. it's also highly chambered but this design is a neckthrough. The pickups are Lace Drop and Gains ... and those are GREAT pups btw (LOW noise, pretty high output... and very clear PASSIVE pups).

I make the bridges, pickup rings, knobs....everything metal except for the tuners and switches.

Thanks for asking. :)

Last edited:
Ive hada few midi drum pads...if youre looking for a cheap option try a Korg pad kontrol...prolly my favourite out of the ones Ive owned. But not this, its more of a work station

Cool...I have a question.

That Korg Kontrol....do you think I'd be able to trigger specific drums within Addictive Drums...and record into a DAW midi channel using that thing?

I have Sonar Professional with Addictive Drums on board. When writing drum parts I'd much rather get at least SOMETHING down and then edit it....rather than hand writing each note. I imagine writing drums would go quite a bit faster once something like this was set up for sensitivity and drum assignments. I've never done anything like that before...I'm wondering if the Kontrol is what I really need.

Well get involved with a drummer, then! Fuck's sake, there are hundreds of drummers at a loose end, and recording drums well is a fantastic challenge.

I've done that before...but I like to compose too....which means writing the part is fun. :)

Hundreds of drummers "at a loose end"... is that an English idiom for "drummers are a dime a dozen"?

Ah...more like "bored silly" or "bored stiff".

Hundreds of drummers "at a loose end"... is that an English idiom for "drummers are a dime a dozen"?

Ah...more like "bored silly" or "bored stiff".

It's more like "Treading water, hoping for a decent project to come along". :D

Another AHA moment, when I realize the StuGort is SK Guitars...

I would have called it Stuart Gort Guitars but the first day he met me...my father-in-law said "Gort? That sounds like indigestion". Plus it sounds too much like Cort. Who needs the confusion?

Back