Post your latest purchase!

Cool! What year was it built?

1885. We were told 1904 originally but have since found out its real age. It's a great house, like a tardis inside. Original minton floor, fireplaces etc. It has been extended at the back as well adding a study which I will use until I get the cellar converted.

:thumbs up:

1885. We were told 1904 originally but have since found out its real age. It's a great house, like a tardis inside. Original minton floor, fireplaces etc. It has been extended at the back as well adding a study which I will use until I get the cellar converted.

:thumbs up:

The thought of maintaining an old house would be enough to scare me off. :(

Good luck. It looks like a beautiful home and by far, the most expensive thing listed in this thread. :)

Good luck. It looks like a beautiful home and by far, the most expensive thing listed in this thread. :)

Thanks mate. There's not a lot that needs doing to the house but I'm quite looking forward to keeping it nice day over the coming years. It'll be in very good hands ;)

Dude, that looks AWESOME! :thumbs up: I do get wicked house envy every time i drive out of the city centre and see these kind of houses. Have you got a date for the move yet?

Cheers kid! It is a beauty for sure. Can't wait to get in it and enjoy life with the wife and family there.

No move date yet but we should have it sometime this week. Hopefully be moving in the next couple of weeks. :thumbs up:

Yeah, we bought a 1920s house - all well and good until you get some building work done and find a multitude of sins previously hidden under the decorating...didn't take long for the money I'd saved up for a new amp to be re-diverted :(

Looks like a good size that Mr Clean

I picked up some lemonade and pepperoni slices last night. I'll be buying some gas today, and a starter for the PT.

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_620872.104_6-inch.jpg

Summer is always too busy for me. Only thing I've picked up is strings - 5 sets of Martin Lifespans (3 medium, 2 customer-light) at GC for $20.

Got a coupla' books:

Tale of Two Cities

and

The Liberty Amendments: Restoring the American Republic

The second one, as one can easily tell by the title, was written by a staunch Conservative. I don't really like him but I love his writing style. Anything well written deserves my attention for a bit. And if I'm going to disagree with someone, I should at least know exactly what I'm disagreeing.

Got a coupla' books:

Tale of Two Cities

and

The Liberty Amendments: Restoring the American Republic

The second one, as one can easily tell by the title, was written by a staunch Conservative. I don't really like him but I love his writing style. Anything well written deserves my attention for a bit. And if I'm going to disagree with someone, I should at least know exactly what I'm disagreeing.

That is by today's standards, Un-American.

Back