Post your latest purchase!

After a long time at the top of my "to buy" list I've just bought myself an FMR RNLA, a GAP Pre-73, GAP EQ-73, a bunch of cables to connect them all up, and the unite rack to rack the GAP products. I also picked up another SM57 and mic stand. They arrive on wednesday and i currently feel like an over excited kid at christmas :D

Added an Avantone CK1 to my mic collection for £50 used but in very good condition and the other capsules hadn't been touched! Only had a quick play but am very impressed, especially with the hyper-cardioid capsule.

I think that's my gear spending done for a while :D

I purchased a used Roland GR-55 guitar synthesizer 3 weeks ago. I wasn't at all in a hurry to use it but I finally got around to mounting the GK3 pickup on my Washburn WI-66PROG last week. This guitar is very similar to a Les Paul Gold Top. It has P90 pups.

IMG_0495_zpsad84441b.jpg

I didn't plug into the GR-55 until this afternoon.

Mind blowing experience to say the least!!!!!!

Don't touch the brown acid!

My first personal synthesizer experience (no lie) was after downing a hit of windowpane, sitting in a 'classy' music store (that's all we had on Cape Cod in 1974) playing a Mini Moog plugged into a Fender Deluxe amp (they didn't have any headphones). About 2 hours of sending my mind into outerspace (at one point someone came over to me and asked me to turn it down, because it was disturbing other customers -there was an old couple there looking at grand pianos), I told them "I'd be back". Wish I'd had that $700 back then. :rolleyes:

Now back to the original subject .... no new gear here at all, but did get the 2nd proof CD copy of my next album (coming to an online vendor near you soon!)

i bought 2 rockman stereo chorus units with rack kit for 300 plus shipping

i love tom sholz

thanks for the great gear tom

So...what exactly is an Active MixCube?

And what is that DuPont product above? It looks like a tear gas grenade or something

It's a single-driver, no-port monitor. It's not great at the lows and highs, but it excels at revealing mids, which is what you really need to get right if your mix is gonna translate on different systems well. I'm thinking I'll play back and forth between my KRKs and the Avantone, with small excursions to my iPod and car just to see. Am I obsessing? Nah.

And what is that DuPont product above? It looks like a tear gas grenade or something

Auto A/C refrigerant. I got a leak somewhere on one of my cars. I put some UV dye in it too so I can find the leak in about a week or so. Down here in Satan's butthole, we need A/C or things go bad.

I picked up a Line 6 Pocket Pod for $70 today from some dude on Craigslist. Pretty excited about getting it! It'll be nice to be super mobile again and be able to practice anywhere! Most of the tones and amp sims sound pretty good too :)

Back