Post moved?

It would appear that you attracted the attention of the webmaster with your offer to sell stuff to benefit another website. Oops....:eek:

You may want to address an email to: dragon@homerecording.com to discuss possibly advertising on his site here. I am sure he would be willing to work something out between your site and this one.

On BBS's, it is usually a good idea to check with the sites owner about any posts that have to do with members on the site purchasing stuff from another web site. As Dragon has posted before, he has spent a LOT of his time and money to make this site what it is today and he doesn't feel that he needs to "give away" space for people to sell stuff that benefits another website.

Agreeable or not, this is how it works around these parts of the net friend. I am surprised that he didn't send you an email asking you to refrain from selling stuff from his website. I don't speak for Dragon, but have been a member here for a long time now and have seen this very same thing happen in the past. Hell, I remember a certain member of good standing here, who has MANY TIMES more posts than you who offered a product to members of this site. His post was deleted and was sent an email asking not to do that anymore. This member understood the concern Dragon had with that and didn't post links for his product anymore. Doesn't mean he didn't SELL more product from a more creative approach in letting people know it was available.

Peace.

Ed

I didn't post DICK about selling anything, and I have NEVER advertised on this board either.

And Dragon has NEVER responded to a single one of my e-mails.

Selling something

I'm sorry Waldo,....
This is my fault for offering to donate the proceeds from Crew Shirts to your site,....
I did ask Dragon if it was OK to do, and obviously, he is now reviewing the issue...
I think that you two should maybe work together to help each site be better....
All I was trying to do was to give what I can give to help....
Hey Dragon, if you read this thread, ... it wasn't Waldo who offered the shirts for sale, it was me, and I did ask you to review the issue, if you think this sort of thing would help HR, please let me know, as this is one of the only ways I personally can donate to anyones cause. I wish I had $$$, but the reality for me is that I never will . So this type of dealing is the only way I can help either of the sites.
I will cease, and desist the efforts if you tell me to.

Steve Gibbs

Upstate:eek:

I have since sent a message to Dragon.

Awaiting a reply.

If you are reading this Dragon, and do not recieve it, I will send it again, and again, and again until you do!

W.

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I'm wondering about the enthusiastic promotion and marketing of a certain brand of mic up in the mic forum. I think overall it's informative and useful marketing, but marketing nonetheless. I want to know where the line is. I don't want this bbs to turn into 20 channels of advertising, but at the same time, I don't want to miss out on useful information. Where's the line?

You know, Waldo, if my memory serves me well, I think Dragon's been known to delete threads about the VS Planet site as well - I think his policy is something like: 'home recording.com is not the place to discuss the affairs of other websites - do that at the other website' (I'm not quoting him, I'm summarising). I agree with that.

I respect peoples opinions here, and that's why I asked here. You can go everywhere else on the net, and I haven't asked ANYWHERE else.

If I ask over at NoWhere, and ask you to go over there to discus it, that'd bring traffic AWAY from this site. And since traffic is what keeps it running...

I have offered things to the homerec community exclusively (shit that costs ME money, not you), and nowhere else, and I have also referred many people here.

I see everyone asking opinions about music all the time, why the hell can't I ask those who use these services on a regular basis what they would like to see? People can bash my services freely (re. the initial post that first brought me here) but cannot thank me for them, or offer input? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm not any sort of fricken competition, and I sure as hell don't make any fricken money volunteering my services!

And why the hell does Dragon ignore my e-mails, even before I started posting here?!? Do I have to be part of some 'in' club to warrant a response?

Quite frankly, I am extremely upset about this!

Raving mad,
W.

Waldo,
You might be mad, but you're not a newbie anymore!!!

congrats...

Queue

ps I know spam when I see it, and unless I missed part of the thread, it wasn't spam

Dude!!! Dragon doesn't always return email I send him!!!

Put something really outrageous in the "Subject" box. Not a sure be for a reply, but a better bet.

Sorry. I guess I read the other post a bit wrong. Bad me!!!....

Ed

Back