Post-Hardcore mix for my band/school project

P.S.
Not sure if anyone would be offended, but there does happen to be an expletive at about 2:10 if anyone's going to be upset...

You've got a couple loud pops (e.g. 0:34, 0:50).

The melodic vocals are really weenie. Even for post-hardcore. They're a little pitchy too. If you sing less through your nose, it should sound more like other post-hardcore vocalists. (and less like nerdy pop-punk vox, which it's a GREAT vocal tone for!)

Otherwise, the mix sounds OK to me. Everything seems to have its place.

Also, I don't think anyone cares about foul language. Why would we be listening to music if we didn't love us some cursing?

I think those were coming from the guitars... I'll have to go back and fix those.
Haha, our vocalist is still learning... This is the first musical project he's done in his life, so he's been getting better, but we're all aware he's got a bit of a pitch problem. Thanks for the tips on the tonality, I'll relay the message. =]
I figured not... But hey, there's a 50 year old woman in our audio engineering classes that threw a fit when someone dropped the F-bomb, so I'm just trying to cover my bases.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I agree with VHS. I didn't hear the pop at :34. I did hear the one at :50. Also heard one at :47. Heard some more later. I wonder if it's on a sample being used somewhere.

I assume the vocal that comes in at 1:00 is supposed to be pitchy? It gets a little screechy in spots.

Guitars are missing some presence.

you're singer is singing WAY outside his range... .he does not have to sing that high.. reconstruct the melody.

you're singer is singing WAY outside his range... .he does not have to sing that high.. reconstruct the melody.

+1

those high pitch synths sound a little weird to me too - this is like some Attack Attack type music so I can't be very helpful as I can not condone it...

I'm not either, but I'm not familar with them and I think my own music is probably more pre-hardcore.

Overall, I really thought it sounded pretty good man.

The high pitched vocal part was unique and I wanted to like it for that reason alone, but I really didn't. Sorry. Guitars sound good. Maybe a little lite?

Our vocalist tries to have a range higher than he has, because that's something a lot of people in our area associate with talent. Not sure how that works, but people in our area like it...
I agree, the guitars could use a little more low-end. I'm working a bit more on it today. Thanks for the feedback. =]

Back