possibly dumb midi question

SGPIANOMAN

Hey everyone...here's my simple question with possibly a simple answer. I'm not hugely smart w/ midi...i guess. I have a keyboard that i really enjoy the sounds on. however, some of the keys do not work. I have another keyboard (cheap) that i want to use as a controller for this other board. I've hooked it up via midi...and the cheap keyboard controls the other one fine. However, i can not get the sounds to change. On the cheap board, if i change the sound number, the other keyboard will change sounds but not the right sound. If i change the number on the "good" keyboard it still stays the same.

how do i fix this?

Or if i bought a pure midi controller (88 key) would the other keyboard work how i need it too?

Where is a 10 year kid when you need him?

If your screwed up keyboard is using layers sounds you may only get one of the sounds. I assume you hooked up Midi out to in on the KBs.
I have a similar problem playing through the sound modules of my Korg SP250 with my Alesis QS8. Say I have the a grand piano with a layered strings section I only get the grand piano. My temporary solution is to play string sections with the right had on the Korg.

I think it is possible to run on 2 midi channels though and that should solve the problem for you. I just don't know how to did it, maybe someone to provide a solution lets hope.

Back