Possible MIDI insight???

bmorris

I am using an AKAI MPC2000XL an AKAI DPS16 mixer/recorder, Trinity workstation and an EMU Proteus 2500 sound module. My concern is how to MOST effectively implement and utilize the dunction of MIDI with my setup. I understand the basics in setup, but I am interested in more complex functions of MIDI (i.e. the mix automation function that is available via the mpc and dps combined) I know that there are endless possibilities with MIDI but I feel limited in my current knowledge.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Any websites, books or general knowledge would provide more than I have now...

B.

whosyoudaddy00

ok you're gonna absolutely need two things if you're wantin' to take advantage of MIDI and your computer....good sequencing software *cubase, sonar, logic, ect.* and a midi interface, for your peticular setup i'd go with the new MOTU 5x5 USB midi interface, it'll be all you need for now and you'll have one in and out for anything else you might get later....you're gonna hafta learn all about sequencing *which really isn't too bad once you get the basics down* i'd recommend just searchin' the net on the subject and absorbing what you can.....feel free to ask any specific q's here too.

good luck, and happy learning

peace

wyd

Back